This is a guest post by Seb Kane. If you would like to submit an article for inclusion on the blog please visit the Guest Post For Us page.
Everyone know’s that Coke and other soft drinks aren’t the most healthy drinks you could consume. But just how bad are they.. Seb Kane from Fit Sheffield reveals 5 interesting facts and some alternative uses of Coke and Pepsi that will make you think twice before you grab a Coke next time your thirsty.
5 Interesting Soft Drink Facts
1. The average pH of soft drinks is pH 3.4 and this acidity is strong enough to to dissolve teeth and bones. The human body stops building bones around the age of 30, after that it will be dissolving 8 – 18% each year through the urine depending on the acidity of the food intake.
2. All the dissolved calcium compounds from soft drinks accumulate in the arteries, veins, skin tissue and organs which affects the functioning of the kidneys (kidney stones).
3. Soft drinks have no nutritional value in terms of vitamins and minerals. They have higher sugar content, higher acidity and more additives such as preservatives and coloring’s.
4. Some people like to take cold soft drinks after each meal, guess whats the impact.. our body has an optimum temperature of 37 degrees for the functioning of digestive enzymes, the temperature of cold soft drinks is much less than 37, sometimes quite close to zero.
This will lower the effectiveness of the enzymes and put stress on the digestive system, digesting less food. In fact the food gets fermented which produces bad smelling gasses and toxins which are absorbed in the intestines, they then get circulated in the blood and delivered to the whole body. This spreading of toxins can lead to the development of various diseases.
5. If you put a broken tooth in a bottle of Pepsi it will dissolve within 10 days. Now bare in mind teeth and bones are the only human organs that stay intact for years after death so imagine what the drink will be doing to your soft intestines and stomach lining!
Alternative Uses For Coke And Pepsi
To Clean A Toilet
Pour a can of Coca-Cola into a toilet bowl, let the “real thing” sit for one hour then flush clean. The citric acid in the coke removes stains form vitreous china. No scrubbing, no sweat - guaranteed.
To Remove Rust Spots From Chrome Car Bumpers
Rub the bumper with a crumpled up piece of aluminium foil dipped in Coca-Cola and see the results for yourself. Much more economical than the stuff from the garage.
To Clean Corrosion From Car Battery Terminals
Pour The Can Of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
To Loosen A Rusted Bolt
Apply A Cloth Soaked In Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes and hey presto.. the bolt will have loosened.
To Remove Grease From Clothes
Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. TheCoke will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
So what do we have here? The worlds first soft drink disguised as a multi-purpose cleaner? Or should it be a multi-purpose cleaner disguised as a soft drink?
If you’ve enjoyed this post please consider sharing it on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. It would be gratefully appreciated
P.S. Don’t forget to Like FatLossHaven.com on Facebook if you haven’t done so already.